Partagez | 

NFL Head Coach

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
SeeK62
Rookie

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Ven 31 Mar - 14:30

Pour la malediction de Cohwer c'est tout con, il va s'etouffer avec ses chewing-gum pistache-reglisse.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.ours-toulouse.com
Busforever
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Mer 17 Mai - 21:56

Un Madden maniaque a pu poser une tonne de questions aux développeurs de NFL Head Coach durant l'E3. Et il a obtenu une tonne de réponses. Attention, c'est long

Citation :
First I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has submitted questions as well as a thanks to those of you who have been patiently awaiting for us to post our E3 Head Coach info. I spent about 45 minutes talking to two of the fellas at EA who are involved with the title. While I was not able to get every one of your questions answered, I do think we managed to address a lot of the key issues that have been popping up here in the forum recently. In addition to what I post today, I'm also sending in some questions to one of the Head Coach team members who is going to try and clear up a few more details for us. I hope you enjoy the information we've gathered. You can be sure there is more to come.

Not only did I get some questions answered, but I also spent a bit of time messing around with the E3 demo of Head Coach that was available to play on the floor. It was on the XBOX and only had certain parts of the title available to try out. The game now looks pretty well polished where there were some things still not working in the previous build we played. One thing that stood out immediately was the coach creation tools at the beginning of your career. I'd say they are a bit better than Madden in terms of making a detailed looking character. One question I know you UK players had is whether or not this title will be available in your neck of the woods. At this time there are no plans to release the title there. Of course that can potentially change in the future.

Right away I asked about the challenge of the game and the decision not to have levels of difficulty or sliders. The Head Coach guys feel that there will be a challenge in coaching on the field. Someone who is more active and "coaches up" their players and makes strategic decisions during the course of play will be more successful than someone who simply lets the game go on without taking part in the action. There was also a strong emphasis in our discussion about much of the challenge being in putting a solid team and game plan together. While games are played on Sunday, they are often won on the practice field, by making solid personnel decisions, etc. Sure it's possible to get lucky and win a game with a bad team. If you want to be successful in NFL Head Coach though you have to work all week long. The Head Coach team feels very confident that the challenge will be there for the hardcore users. I think we all hope that's the case.

I learned a lot about the trust feature as well. There are several categories of trust that are measured. Owner, assistants, agents, scouting director, and GMs on other NFL teams. I did not however see a player trust level. That's something I'd like to look into. Each of these relationships will change according to how you interact with these individuals. You build up your level of trust with the owner by meeting the goals he's set for you each season. Continue to miss those targets and you will not only lose his trust but lose your job as well. Assistant coaches each have a level of trust that is dictated by factors such as whether or not you take the advice they give you during your weekly meetings. In general you want to listen to them but sometimes they will give you poor suggestions, so you have to pick your battles wisely. Your scouting director's trust hinges on whether or not you take his suggestions seriously as well. If he tells you that Reggie Bush is the guy you need in the draft and you take Mario Williams instead, he's not going to be happy about that. Agents and GMs react similarly. Upset an agent in a deal with one client and you make not be able to make a deal with one of his other players. Upset the 49ers GM and he may not want to trade with you in the future. By default the level of trust for GMs and agents is right in the middle. It will be up to you whether or not it improves or goes down the toilet.

You guys have all had a lot of questions about the logic used in trading, how teams pursue free agents, etc. NFL Head Coach has entirely different trade logic than Madden. I'm told that you will not be able to rack up unrealistic trades the way you could in past versions of Madden. EA doesn't necessarily use the same chart that is used by many NFL GMs, but they do have their own specific logic for Head Coach that acts in the same way that such a chart would for real life NFL GMs. The Head Coach team is very pleased with their draft logic and they think that fans will be as well. AI controlled teams will also have owner personalities that will affect how aggressively they spend money. The real GMs are not in the game but there are definitely some Dan Snyders and some GMs that just don't want to shell out the cash.

The draft is another area of importance for those of you die hards. I was able to dig up a bit of draft speficic information that should be of interest. There were a lot of questions about drafting busts and how hard players are to develop. In this year's title their aren't any busts per se, but some players will develop better and more quickly than others. What you won't see is a top 5 pick totally wash out even if you did everything 100% correct. I confirmed that during the draft you will have 45 seconds between the CPU picks and 5 minutes for your own. If you want to trade up early into the draft you'll either need a perfect gameplan that can be quickly executed or you may just want to trade before the draft begins. If you miss your own pick when the clock runs out, your scouting director will make the call. I asked if computer teams actively make moves during the draft and it wasn't entirely clear that they did or didn't, but if they do it will not be common. That's something we'll look for a more clear answer on in the near future.

There was a lot of speculation and confusion about how scouting is treated in this title. We've now got a clear picture of how it functions in the game. The way scouting works is that about once a week in your schedule you get with your scouting director and can scout up to 8 players. This can be players on opposing rosters, free agents, or next year's draft class. The following year's draft class becomes available to scout fairly early on in the NFL season so you can follow those guys throughout the year. When you want to scout a player you click on him from the scouting interface and get an in depth read out of all of his ratings ranges. It's a lot less complicated than I first understood. When it's time for the combine, scouting is a little bit different. You send your scouting director to the combine and instead of scouting 8 players a week, you can do in depth scouting on about 25 guys all in one shot. The director goes to the combine and comes back with results on each player that you'll be able to view. We have a video of one of the EA fellas showing us how scouting works that Pasta will try and get up at some point in the near future.

There is a lot of other stuff we picked up on the title as well. Rather than continue building this massive wall of text, I'll try and get right to the point with these:

- Assistants have their own unique philosophies. If you bring on an assistant he'll follow your playbook and philosophy when he has to make calls in game, but when that assistant leaves you for a head coaching job he will have his own unique approach. Something that is cool about this is that even though the assistants are unique, your influence as a head coach will affect them. They may have their own philosophy, but there will be some wrinkles from your schemes as well that they will adopt.

- You can't lure coaches away from other teams. This is something that did not make the game this year, but was still in the previous build we played. Instead, all available assistants will be in a pool. There will be some assistants who decide that they are too valuable to stay with their current team who will "volunteer" themselves into the pool. In some sense that is similar to if you were to snatch an assistant from another team.

- You can put players on IR. Not sure about PUP but I don't believe so. I'll try and confirm that.

- Someone asked about facing coaches twice in the same year and whether or not they make adjustments based on your previous meetings. They will not do that in this year's game.

- Players can get hurt in practice. They are more likely to get hurt doing contact drills than non contact drills so you'll have to decide what's appropriate each week.

- No saving in the middle of a game. Sorry fellas. I did share with EA how important this is so let's hope for that in a future iteration.

- You can't be fired mid season. Firings come at the end of the year.

- You can sim games if you don't want to actually play them out. I know some guys like to do all of the other stuff and not play the game. You'll be able to do that. No spectating of other teams' games though. It's not like Madden where you have the schedule and can watch any game on the list.

- Challenges are in but there is no ability to challenge calls online.

- No editing of rosters.

- Online playbooks are the default ones for each team. Each team has their own unique playbook. These can not be customized for online.

- In the playbook editor you start making plays by making changes to existing formations. You can customize any formation to your own specifications. This feature was blocked in the E3 demo so I didn't get to see it with my own eyes.

- Rosters are the post Super Bowl ones. This means that TO will still be on the Eagles, not in the free agent pool or anything like that. Teams will not necessarily look to make the same moves they made this past NFL offseason. The idea here is that you are "rewriting history", so it's not a given that Culpepper will be a Dolphin or Brees a Saint.

- There isn't much in the way of gadget plays that can be created with the playbook editor.

- No expanded offseason rosters, so you're not making preseason cuts, there is no practice squad, etc.

- Coaches will retire at different times and for different reasons. You may see a coach have great success and then call it quits while they are still on top where other coaches simply get older and retire.

Dans l'ensemble, ces nouvelles me plaisent. Je m'attends depuis le début à un jeu déséquilibré et avec de gros défauts à corriger (comme pour n'importe quel premier jeu d'une longue série sportive), donc je suis content de voir tout un tas de détails qui vont déjà dans le bon sens
http://baptistejoue.wordpress.com/
Double C
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 18 Mai - 11:45

Busforever a écrit:

Citation :
One question I know you UK players had is whether or not this title will be available in your neck of the woods. At this time there are no plans to release the title there. Of course that can potentially change in the future.
Aïe... Confused

Make the Niners just barely watchable again!
Sitting Bull
Pro-Bowler

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 18 Mai - 12:02

Double C a écrit:
Busforever a écrit:

Citation :
One question I know you UK players had is whether or not this title will be available in your neck of the woods. At this time there are no plans to release the title there. Of course that can potentially change in the future.
Aïe... Confused

On s'en fou tant que ca sort sur PC...
Double C
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 18 Mai - 14:14

Sitting Bull a écrit:

On s'en fou tant que ca sort sur PC...
Tiens, ce serait à proposer pour les ligues online. A la place de Madden, tout le monde sur Head Coach! Finies les chialeries à propos du fair-play, de jeux imparables, des soupçons de tricherie, etc... ou pas. rambo

Busforever
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Dim 11 Juin - 16:57

Aie aie aie, après quelques prises en main par les sites de jeux, il y a plusieurs choses qui vont faire tiquer (comment ça c'est fait exprès pour justifier la prochaine version? ). Des petits trucs comme le fait que les rosters ne tournent pas durant les matches de présaison.

Mais surtout, il y a manifestement des problèmes avec l'AI dans sa stratégie de draft. Quelques simulations ont été effectuées, et on a droit à un paquet d'aberrations du genre Reggie Bush en n°9, Vince Young en 25 et choisi par les Giants (et Eli?), les Bengals choisissant un RB en 1er tour ou Chris Gocong en n°5 chez les Packers (3e tour des Eagles en réalité).

Je veux bien que les joueurs n'aient pas les ratings qu'on attend (après tout, personne ne peut affirmer aujourd'hui quel joueur sera un hall of fame et quel autre sera un bust). Mais bon, y'a un minimum, au moins avec la draft 2006 sur laquelle tout le monde s'est déjà penchée. Et puis surtout, il faudrait que les équipes tiennent compte des trous dans leur depth chart, pas seulement du meilleur joueur dispo. Ca ne me dérange pas que Vince Young tombe en 25e position, mais que ce soient les Giants qui le choisissent...
Double C
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Lun 12 Juin - 9:47

Busforever a écrit:
Aie aie aie, après quelques prises en main par les sites de jeux, il y a plusieurs choses qui vont faire tiquer (comment ça c'est fait exprès pour justifier la prochaine version? ). Des petits trucs comme le fait que les rosters ne tournent pas durant les matches de présaison.

Mais surtout, il y a manifestement des problèmes avec l'AI dans sa stratégie de draft. Quelques simulations ont été effectuées, et on a droit à un paquet d'aberrations du genre Reggie Bush en n°9, Vince Young en 25 et choisi par les Giants (et Eli?), les Bengals choisissant un RB en 1er tour ou Chris Gocong en n°5 chez les Packers (3e tour des Eagles en réalité).

Je veux bien que les joueurs n'aient pas les ratings qu'on attend (après tout, personne ne peut affirmer aujourd'hui quel joueur sera un hall of fame et quel autre sera un bust). Mais bon, y'a un minimum, au moins avec la draft 2006 sur laquelle tout le monde s'est déjà penchée. Et puis surtout, il faudrait que les équipes tiennent compte des trous dans leur depth chart, pas seulement du meilleur joueur dispo. Ca ne me dérange pas que Vince Young tombe en 25e position, mais que ce soient les Giants qui le choisissent...
C'est vrai que ça refroidit. On leur demande pas de calquer la draft sur la vraie mais à ce point là... (c'est qui Chris Gocong?)Quant au fait de pas faire tourner l'effectif pendant la pré-saison, ça la fout mal pour un jeu de gestion.

CB-Blitz X--->
League MVP

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Mer 14 Juin - 16:03

Une démo est dispo pour 299Mo hors taxes
http://www.ougl.net/annexes/yatta/index.php
Sitting Bull
Pro-Bowler

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 15 Juin - 5:59

CB-Blitz~X---> a écrit:
Une démo est dispo pour 299Mo hors taxes

J'espere quelle est pas incompatible avec mon PC "Francais"
Busforever
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 15 Juin - 6:14

J'ai pas encore vraiment testé la bête, mais elle se joue en mode fenêtre. On peut essayer une draft, un practice, ou un match en 4x1min (avec les Steelers: 6 courses )
Sitting Bull
Pro-Bowler

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 15 Juin - 8:15

Bon 1er constat je lag comme un porc... impossible à jouer... d'autant plus qu'on ne peux pas régler les otpions graphiques.

Le concept me parait pas mal... mais je crois que jvais vraiment avoir du mal à m'accrocher à ce 1er opus.

Attendons donc la version finale....
Sitting Bull
Pro-Bowler

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 15 Juin - 8:53

Mouai...

Après avoir commencer une draft j'ai tenté de trader S. Taylor... en retour j'ai refiler M. Coleman (FS assez vieux mais pas trop mal) + 2nd et 3eme Tr (Texans)... et résultat j'ai récup Sean Taylor

Vive le n'importe quoi... Les Redskins ne laisseraient JAMAIS partir Sean Taylor... et encore moins pour si peu.

Bon maintenant on va aller chopper Big Ben et Tomlinson
Sitting Bull
Pro-Bowler

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 22 Juin - 17:52

Dispo sur PC...
Double C
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 3 Aoû - 14:47

Une petite review par un joueur supposé assez pointu, voire pointilleux sur tout ce qui est stats, réalisme, etc.

Citation :
Game Review: EA Sports Head Coach

7/10/2006
by Mike Tanier

EA Sports’ Madden football games are already so in-depth that they allow you to offer contract extensions, participate in off-season drills, and set the price of stadium hot dogs. Is there anything left? What element of the NFL experience hasn’t already been simulated by the Madden series?

The answer, according EA Sports Head Coach, is the tedium. Head Coach literally puts you behind the skipper’s desk and introduces you to a weekly grind of staff meetings, scouting sessions, and conference calls, with some practices and football games mixed in. As coach/GM of your favorite NFL franchise, you have total control over your roster, coaching staff, and scouting department. You develop your own playbooks and implement your own gameplans, and you decide who gets practice reps and what gets emphasized in training camp. You can’t actually control the players on the field, but you direct every other element of management, micromanagement, and nano-management.

Hey, we’re the Football Outsiders — the micromanagement people. We can tell you which running back gained the most yardage when it was second-and-3 in the third quarter (Willie Parker). This game seems tailor-made for us. I’m a veteran of the Railroad Tycoon series of strategy games, and I’ve wasted many hours merrily assigning freight cars to the Altoona-Binghamton run. For ham-handed video gamers like me, Head Coach promises the cerebral challenge of assembling a Super Bowl team without having to worry about the juke stick or the spin button. This game seems tailor-made for the Football Outsiders audience, which is why we wanted to give it our first-ever video game review.Unfortunately, the game’s shoddy AI and clunky interface detract from the fun.

Head Coach offers Bill Cowher wannabes a wealth of options for assembling and helming a perennial contender. The familiar player ratings of the Madden series have been expanded, so you can now select a quarterback based on his play-action passing rating, a receiver for his route accuracy, or a safety for his ability in man or zone coverage. The ratings are dynamic and will go up or down based on practice time or game performance. Scouting reports on rookies and opponents are incomplete, so you need to budget your scouting efforts properly: you must balance between game-planning for opponents and preparing for the next draft. Menus loaded with coaching options allow you to fine-tune plays, so you can tell cornerbacks to go for the interception or play it safe or tell your quarterback to tuck and run if no one’s open. You can also motivate players using either the Stuart Smalley or Facial Expectoration methods of interpersonal communication.

But a sim like this has to meet gamers halfway on the complexity, and Head Coach doesn’t. With thousands of variables to consider, information management becomes a big issue. It’s hard to tell what impact your decisions make without checking and rechecking multiple screens and menus, and screen navigation is a headache. After a few hours of play, Head Coach starts to feel too much like work.

The complexity and weak ergonomics of the game would be forgivable if the designers didn’t cut so many corners. But you’ll discover the first major oversight soon after you load the game. You’re asked at the start of Head Coach to customize your coach’s appearance, from his body type down to his headgear. There’s only one problem: there are no facial hair options. What gives? I’ve been customizing lifelike avatars of myself in EA games for almost a decade, some of them convincing enough to fool my three-year old son. But instead of creating a realistically paunchy, gray-whiskered doppelganger to roam the sidelines, I was forced to watch a baby-faced imposter carry out my directives. It’s seems like an odd omission for a game that features Cowher on the cover.

The “no beard” gaffe seems like a minor issue, but takes away from the game’s immersion factor. It’s one of many elements of Head Coach that feel unfinished. There’s a lot to do in the game, from selecting assistants to developing “money plays” through multiple practice reps, but unless you have the patience of Job you’ll be frustrated by the repetitive gameplay and dopey AI long before you scratch the surface of the features.

Here’s a partial list of the problems that plague the game:

• The game is built around a year-long schedule of activities, but there’s too much filler, starting with the endless “Office Hours”. After every meaningful event, like a scouting session, you’re dumped back into your office to check e-mails or design plays. You can only perform so many actions during each Office Hours session, so you have to perform a task, go back to the office, perform another task, and so on. One example: you can only adjust two places on the depth chart in one Office Hours period, so if you sign a new free agent and want to make him the number one receiver, you have to put him in the top spot and move your old #1 receiver to the #2 slot in one Office Hours period, then remember to go back and put your old #2 receiver in the #3 spot in the next Office Hours period. When you finish your two Office Hours tasks, it doesn’t just take you to the next part of your schedule — you have to hit the “back” button four or five times, over and over and over again.
  • In the early part of the game, the computer schedules a weekly opportunity to change your coach’s appearance. It’s just a persistent reminder that you can’t grow a beard, and besides, what head coach changes his mind about his on-field gameday clothes 20 times during the off-season?
  • The draft has the potential to be fun, with a real clock hurrying you along, incomplete scouting reports on obscure players, and analysis by Mel Kiper Jr. himself. But the computer demonstrates the same idiot savant decision making that you’ve come to tolerate in the Madden games. The computer never misses a “sleeper,” so players like Chris Gocong leave the board early in the first round. But it doesn’t draft for need, so the Eagles might draft Jay Cutler or the Giants Vince Young.
  • Free agency is a big part of any sports management game, but for some reason Head Coach doesn’t simulate the 2006 free agent class. No Antwaan Randle El. No Steve Hutchinson. All the major free agents are re-signed by their previous teams before the start of the open signing period. If you are a Cowboys fan who wants to play with Terrell Owens or a Cardinals fan who covets Edgerrin James, you’ll have to trade for them. The only free agents on the market at the start of the game are the rummage sale guys who weren’t on 2005 rosters.
  • Practices are dull: you call a play, watch your troops run it, and maybe select some criticism from the “strategy” or “motivation” menus. Drills are worse: in one drill, you select a running back and linebacker, and they just smash into each other. You can sim past all the practice, but then you can’t control which players improve or what Money Plays are developed. The designers should either have allowed users to jump in and control players during drills, or they should have created macros – a “focus on play action passing” or “give rookies extra reps” command during the game’s Gameplan Meeting phase would save users a lot of time.
  • Skipping any period of the game is necessary but dangerous. If you don’t sim ahead, you’ll repeat the same tasks for hours, but if you do, the computer will countermand many of your decisions. If you don’t want to re-sign a useless free agent but sim the end of the free agency period, the computer will sign the guy for you. Move an outside linebacker to defensive end on your depth chart, sim ahead a week, and the dude may be back at linebacker. Practice injuries are far more common when you are simming than when you are in control.
  • Assistant coaches are pretty useless. They affect player improvement, and they make depth-chart suggestions at team meetings. But they don’t provide the type of information the user needs in a game teeming with tiny variables. A message from the running backs coach like “Reggie Bush’s pass catching really improved in practice” would let the user know that his strategic decisions were having a real impact, but the assistants aren’t that interactive. Furthermore, some of the assistant coach’s opinions are loopy. My special teams coach kept insisting that I replace kicker Kris Brown with punter Chad Stanley. When you shoot down an assistant’s advice, his trust in you drops. After a few hours of gaming, my special teams coach wanted to blow up my car.
  • Actual football games can be fun, and I played through some 23-20 nailbiters that had me carefully calling plays and making adjustments. But games themselves contain two major flaws. First, the offense snaps the ball before you can make any defensive shifts. You access the shifts through a drop-down menu, and unless you memorize the menu and read the formation as the offense breaks the huddle, you aren’t going to be able to make many adjustments. Second, there’s no “sim to the end” feature to get through 31-10 blowouts. Like the beard error, that’s an example of poor game execution.
  • Play a full season, and Kevin Jones will likely win the rushing crown. Maybe the designers wanted to make the Pro Football Prospectus staff feel better.

Ultimately, Head Coach cannot decide whether it’s a strategy game, an RPG, or a management simulation. The game has many role-playing elements – changing ability scores, character creation, dialog menus – but there’s not enough to make you think of the owners, assistants, or agents as actual characters. Gridiron contests themselves feel a little like real-time strategy battles, but there’s far too much drudgery to be done in the office and on the practice field to get your troops in top fighting form. When you watch your computer avatar sitting at his desk, fidgeting, and conducting interviews, you’ll swear that you are playing an educational management simulation. That’s probably not what EA had in mind.

I’ve given up on this year’s edition of Head Coach, but not on the series. If the designers scrap “Office Hours,” automate the practice process, and improve the AI, I might come back. If they add more dynamic elements – how about shouting matches on the sidelines? – I might come back. Until then, well, I’m waiting for Madden 07.

>article avec les commentaires des lecteurs<
Je crois que je vais attendre encore deux voire trois ans avant de me lancer là-dedans.

Krycek
Hall of Fame

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   Jeu 3 Aoû - 17:51

Ouais la Demo m'a pas convaincu
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: NFL Head Coach   

NFL Head Coach
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2